Monday 16 January 2012

Birthday Card for a VIP

Hi there, hope you had a good weekend,

Just before Christmas it was my son Benjamin's birthday.  Now we all know how difficult it can be to do male cards, but for such a VIP, impossible!   So, I decided to just kept it very simple in layout and let the sentiment and the words inside make my statement.


I used the "Happiest Birthday Wishes" stamp set for the sentiment on the front, no surprise there you might think, as I have shared quite a few cards that I've used this set on, but actually, I knew I wanted this set for this exact stamp as I knew I had to use it on my son's card.  He was born on the evening of the 23rd Dec and I've always told him that he is the best Christmas present I've ever had, so I knew this stamp was perfect for a card for him.

I used the "Sanded" background stamp, which is now retired, but you could used the "Texture" jumbo wheel for the same type of effect and the "Confetti" set in Versamark ink on the strip of "Night of Navy" cardstock to break up the plainness of the cardstock.

I also wrote something suitably embarrassing inside, as only mum's are allowed to do, so hopefully the card showed him how special he is to me always on his special day.

Hope you have a great day.. xx

 

Project Ingredients

Stamp Sets : "Happiest Birthday Wishes; "Confetti" & "Sanded" background stamp - RETIRED
Card stock : "Whisper White"; "Crumb Cake"; "Tempting Turquoise" & "Night of Navy"

Colour : Versamark ink; "Soft Suede" classic ink pad;  "Night of Navy" & "Tempting Turquoise" marker pens.
Tools : "SNAIL" adhesive & Dimensional Adhesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment