Monday 26 November 2012

'Christmas Present' Cards

My project share with you today is a 'Christmas Present' card.  These are so easy to make and a great way to use up scraps.

(Sorry about the dodgy lighting on these!)


I made a traditional green and red card and a slightly less traditional blue and red card.  For some reason I'm really loving blue on my Christmas cards this year.


These are so easy to make.  I made mine by attaching a piece of DSP to a piece of cardstock just a little bit taller than the DSP. I used Stampin' Up's  "Festival of Prints" paper stack, which, for only £6.25 for 48 sheets is great value. Then doing the same thing again but this time using a piece of cardstock that was a little bit taller but a little bit narrower.

 

The top section is just the DSP.  I use a thin piece of scrap cardstock and put my parcels on to that using snail adhesive which gives me a solid piece. I ran my glue pen on the exposed pieces of cardstock and covered them in "Dazzling Diamonds" glitter 

Ooo ~ sparkly!

I then wrap my ribbon around the parcels and tie off at the top. The additional piece of scrap cardstock helps with this also.  I put dimensional adhesive on the back and pop onto the card ~ done.  

Hope you like this project and get inspired to make some for yourself... enjoy!  xx


No comments:

Post a Comment