Tuesday 13 September 2011

Happy Birthday to me!

Yep, today is my birthday, I won't tell you the number, I don't mind saying it out load it just looks really depressing to see it written down - lol!

There are many great things about being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, but one of them is they send you a birthday card and give you extra discount on any item in the catalogue - yay!

Stampin' Up! birthday card
It's a lovely little card which I found inspiring and I ended up making three cards based on it, one of which I will share with you today and I'll share the others over the next few days.

This was the first card I came up with




I cut out a scallop border and used this as a mask to sponge over some "Perfect Plum" ink to leave the impression of a scalloped border on the "Whisper White" card stock.  I then stamped Happy Birthday with "Rose Red" ink and, once completely dry, ink over again with versamark and used clear embossing powder to heat emboss with.  I used the "Stamp-a-ma-jig" to make sure I got perfect alignment on the Happy Birthday.  I made the faux ribbon using "Springtime Vintage" DSP, which is just gorgeous and will be missed by many when it retires at the end of the month.

I hope you like it, I'm just off as my son is cooking me breakfast and is treating me to afternoon tea at Patisserie Valerie, diet starts tomorrow - lol!


 

Project Ingredients

Stamp Sets : "Curly Cute"
Card stock : "Naturals Ivory", "Rose Red" & "Whisper White" Cardstock.
Accessories : Clear embossing powder, "Springtime Vintage" DSP (** RETIRING **)
Colour : "Rose Red" & "Perfect Plum" Ink pads
Tools : SNAIL Adhesive, heat tool & Glue dots
 

No comments:

Post a Comment