Thursday 2 August 2012

Ice lolly card

Hi there,

I met a family member in Waterloo station on Monday and the station staff there was giving away ice lollies, which was a very nice and sensible thing to do, it also inspired me to do a little crafting when I got home.

 

 As you can see, it's an Ice Lolly card, well, actually, it's a cherry flavoured ice lolly ...

... and using the fabulous Stampin' Up Scented Embossing Powder, it even smells like cherries.

 
  To make the lolly's stick, I used "Sahara Sand" cardstock and the "Woodgrain" stamp and round the ends with the 1" circle punch, but I put the cardstock in through the punch's whole so that I could just punch the end of the cardstock to give it that nice curve.

I also made an envelope for it using the "Simply Scored Scoring Tool" & Diagonal scoring plate.  These are wonderful tools, I really don't know how I managed without them, especially when you have unusual sized cards such as this one.

I made mine a birthday card but this style of card would be great for summer soirées and kids parties. Hope you like it.

Take care ... xx





Project Ingredients

Stamp Sets : "Button Buddies" & "Woodgrain"
Card stock : "Sahara Sand"; "Real Red" & "Whisper White"
Accessories :  "Old Olive" 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon - retired; "Cherry" scented embossing powder.  For Envelope - "Old Olive" sheet from Brights Collection paper stacks.
Colour:  StazOn Ink & "Real Red" classic ink
Tools : Tape runner adhesive;  Dimensional Adhesive; Glue dots; Scallop Punch; Versa Marker pen; Heat Tool; Corner rounder punch.  For Envelope - "Simply Scored Scoring Tool" & Diagonal scoring plate

No comments:

Post a Comment