Sunday 4 November 2012

ABAC Sunday - Christmas Box

Hello,

Sorry I've not been posting much recently, I started a new job a few weeks ago and it's taking up quite a big chunk of my time as I've had to travel up to our UK office in Newmarket and even thought I only got there for 1 overnight at a time it's amazing how much time it seems to take out of my week.

Anyway, on to today's post, it's actually something I made a few months ago but I've haven't managed to share it with you yet.



It's a little Christmas box, it measures 2-3/4" squared, so it's quite a good size for a little gift, it would also be perfect for a personalise Christmas tree bauble.



As I say, I made it a couple of months ago using a stamp set that's now retired, but the "Snowflake Soiree  stamp set that's in the current Autumn/Winter catalogue would be a perfect substitute.  I haven't got that stamp set myself yet, but it's at the top of my 'NEED' list.

I stamped the images with Versamark ink and used some clear embossing powder that I've mixed with "Dazzling Diamonds" glitter to heat emboss with.

The one thing that I really love about this box is the decoration on the top.


I smothered some strips of "Whisper White" card stock with some glitter glue, let it dry overnight then made the bow.  I used a silver brad to hold the whole thing together.

I don't think these pictures capture it, but the whole thing is sooo sparkly, perfect for catching the shine off a real fire whilst sitting under the Christmas tree.

Chat again soon... xx


No comments:

Post a Comment