Sunday 27 January 2013

Special Birthday card

Hi there, hope you are having a lovely Sunday and that the sun is shining where you are.

Today, my share is a card I made for my cousin Christine's 60th birthday which was last month.  For this card I was inspired by some of the lovely cards that Julie Kettlewell, one of my Stampin' Up uplines made.  She makes lovely cards and it's always a treat when you visit her blog.



I used the "Memorable moments" stamp set, which really should be a staple in every crafters collection as it's so versatile and can cover off all special birthdays and anniversaries as well as being really pretty and easy to work with.



 I used the "Labels Collection" Framelits, which correspond with the outline image within the stamp set to cut out both the image and a matt to layer it on. 

The "Whisper White" layer was embossed using the "Lacy Brocade" embossing folder, this piece was layered onto a piece of "Brushed Gold" cardstock and those layers where put on a "Pacific Point" card blank.

I used "Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon" and one of the gorgeous "Vintage Faceted" Designer buttons.

Quick view of the inside, I don't always decorate the inside of the cards I made, but it was a special birthday so obviously you want the card to be as finished as possible.  I replicated the butterfly from the front.  This was punched out using the "Elegant Butterfly" punch and a few rhinestone jewels where added.

If you want to know more about any of the products used on todays card or any of the products is the extensive Stampin' Up range, please do not hesitate to get in touch for a chat.

Hope you liked today's share, have a great day .... x




  
Memorable Moments Stamp Set - 126680 - W / 126682 - C



No comments:

Post a Comment