Sunday 6 March 2011

"Male V Female" card challenge

This is the first in an occasional series whereby I challenge myself to produce a male and female version of a card.  The link between the two cards can either be based on the card sketch, a colour palette or using the same supplies.

For my first go I decided to use the same Designer Series Paper, Stampin Up’s ‘Blueberry Crisp’, (Pg 90, item 117392 in current Idea’s book & Catalogue)

For the male card I used Sahara Sand cardstock for the card blank and kept it quite simple, I also added Basic Grey’s alphabet stickers from the ‘Wassail’ collection for the sentiment as the colour went really well and I like the font, it also broke up the very geometric feel from all the straight cut lines of the paper.
MALE Card


For the female card I used Crumb Cake cardstock for the card blank and added little bits of glitter on various parts of the design on the scalloped circle section. I also included some very subtle stamping using Crumb Cake ink to keep the images delicate whilst filling in the blankness of the card.  The ribbon does actually wrap around the whole of the card width and goes behind the embossed circle that the scalloped circle is sitting in.
FEMALE Card


I made the Male card first as I thought I would have the most trouble with it, unfortunately, when it came to making the female card I found it quite difficult as I had ‘male’ card design principles in mind, hence the feminine favourites of flowers, ribbon and glitter but hey, what’s a girlie card without a bit of glitter!

This little challenge was fun to do and, as indicate by my statement that this is the first in a series, I am very much looking forward to trying again.

No comments:

Post a Comment