Monday 7 March 2011

An easy card ???

Just a bit of stamping, so should be an easy card right??....

... Well, it would be for normal people, for me, it was painful.  You see, I am the kind of person who is...on occasions... depending on the circumstances ....when I am in that kind of mood, a little bit fussy – my family may well want to put that case a little stronger, (quite a lot stronger actually),  but I will leave that up to them as this is my blog  ;o)

So you may ask, why does this mean these cards where painful for you?  Well, normally with a card such as these I would have to take measurements, draw lines, get my Stamp-a-ma-jig out and make sure the letters where placed perfectly in relation to the card blank and each other, with these cards – I just stamped for the joy of it and I can honestly say it was quite liberating.  Normally these cards would have gone straight into the scrap pile, (which is large enough already!) but I realised that the joy of paper-crafting is not in making things perfect. If you want perfect you go to a shop and get something massed produced without a soul with no affection for the end product or the recipient.  If you want something made with love and thoughtfulness, well, imperfections are the price you pay but completely add to the charm.
Congratulations Card

Happy Birthday Card
Both cards where made using papermania's kraft card blanks, Stampin’ Ups ‘Schoolbook Serif Alphabet’ stamp set, (Pg 77, item 113510 in current Idea’s book & Catalogue).  It’s a great font and stamps beautifully and would also be good for scrapbook pages.  The ribbon on the “Congratulations” card is the 1cm Taffeta Ribbon in Marina Mist, (Pg 96, item 119965 in current Idea’s book & Catalogue), and the star on the “Happy Birthday” card was cut from ‘Blueberry Crisp’ designer series paper, (Pg 90, item 117392 in current Idea’s book & Catalogue), mounted on Sahara Sand cardstock and cut out again so it had a slight border and stuck onto the card with dimensional adhesive.

The “Happy Birthday” card my son is going to send to a friend of his whose birthday is next week and the “Congratulations“ card is for me and is now stuck on the wall by my crafting desk so that I can see it every time I sit down to remind me what is important  and why I love making things with little bits of pretty paper :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment