Wednesday 9 March 2011

The “One colour” challenge

Another challenge that I am going to have a go at every now and then is the “one colour” challenge.  Basically this means making a project using only one colour of cardstock, ink, ribbon, buttons etc with the only deviation from this being glitter, pearls, rhinestones, clear or metal brads embellishments.  If coloured brads are used, they would have to be in the project colour too.

Hmmm, not an easy one, so this challenge will probably be more infrequent that some of the others I will blog about on here. 

'Medallion' Stamp card  (dodgy photo, sorry.  Need a new camera!)


On saying that, this card was super easy.  I am currently loving all colours on the red side of purple so it was a no-brainer to choose the completely lush ‘Rich Razzleberry’ as my project colour.  Rich Razzleberry is part of Stampin’ Up’s  ‘Brights’ collection, just looking at this colour makes me happy  :o)   My favourite stamp of the moment is ‘Medallion’, (Pg 961 item 115223 in current Idea’s book & Catalogue), seriously, what’s not to love, it’s got to be one of the best value stamps as it’s gorgeous and so versatile.   I can see myself getting this one out again and again as, depending on the colour scheme used, it would suitable for Weddings, With Sympathy, Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries, really the options are limitless, this stamp is likely to be one of the best craft stash work-horses I have.  I think the statement that wooden stamps last a lifetime is definitely going to be tested with this one.

So the card, well, I don’t think it could be any easier.  Step one, fold chosen coloured cardstock into an A6 size card.  Step two, ink up stamp using same colour as cardstock and press inked image onto card wherever you fancy, don’t worry about it hanging over the edge, it adds to the charm.  Step three, add a bit of glitter. Step four – err, there is no step four – that’s it!  You could add a sentiment or bit of ribbon with rhinestones on but I like this card the way it is so, I guess my Step four is really, sit back and look at the pretty thing you’ve just created and be happy  - which is what I am doing right now  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment