Tuesday 23 August 2011

Scallop Circle Card

Hi there, today's share is a scalloped circle card that I made using the Scallop Circle die for the Big Shot.

I've seen a lot of cards made using this die, but usually people place a folded piece of cardstock about the top 4 scallops shy so that the fold is kept in tacked.  Personally, I prefer the full scallop look as I think missing the top scallops gives the card a very unsymmetrical look. 




What I do is cut 2 pieces of cardstock and score the back one at around the top 4 scallop mark and adhere them together.  This gives you the same inside area as the other style of card, but the front looks so much better.









I used the Decorative label punch on "Whisper White" and inked the edges and adhered to the bottom of the back piece.  This is the area for the personal message.  I also used the Paper Piercing Tool to poke holes in all of the scallops, which is such a cute little additional touch.



I have a EK Success circle cutter that I used to cut out the circles, and even though you can't tell from this picture, I added a little "Crystal Effect" to the vase to make it shiny as though it has water in it.

I wrote the front sentiment myself, which was actually very scary as I did it after I finished everything else, so it could have been a very big mistake if I had messed up, but luckily it came out ok.

Hope you like it, please leave a comment, it would be lovely to hear from you ...  xx



Project Ingredients

Stamp Sets :  "A Slice of Life" - Level 1 hostess in Summer Mini
Card stock : "Whisper White" & "Rich Razzleberry"
Colour : "Rich Razzleberry" marker pen & "Sahara Sand" ink pad - to add a touch of shadow
Tools : "Scallop Circle" Die for the Big Shot; "Decorative Label" punch; & "SNAIL" tape runner adhesive

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely card! I love round cards and I do exactly what you do as I don't like that unsymmetrical look either! The pierced holes are a fab touch and your colour combo of Razzleberry and white is great.

    ReplyDelete