Monday 5 September 2011

All pink and girlie

Morning, well, here we are again back at Monday, still, that just means that we have a whole week of possibilities ahead of us :o)

For today's post I would like to share something a little pink and girlie.

I'm finding myself making more cards like this, not sure what that says about me - lol!  This card just came together as I wanted to make a few generic cards to have in my card stash but looking at it now I think it could be a wedding or anniversary card, hmm, not sure, I'll just let it call out to me when I'm looking for a card.

One thing you might find interesting is the technique I used when colouring in the main image.


As you can see from the photo, the leaves have some shading on them.  I actually achieved this by colouring in the leaves with my marker pen then took my blender pen to remove colour rather than add it and I just kept removing colour by going over those areas that needed to be a lot lighter.  What do you think?  I like it and may have to make another one, just to practice the technique you understand - lol!

till we chat again, take care  .... xxx


Project Ingredients

Stamp Sets :  "Nature Walk" & "Always Elegant" - for the sentiment
Card stock : "Pretty in Pink" & Watercolour paper - for the main image
Accessories : 5/8" Organza ribbon in "Whisper White; DSP patterns stack in "Subtles" - for the "Pretty in Pink" patterned paper
Colour : "StazOn ink; "Pretty in Pink", "Always Artichoke & "Sahara Sand" marker pens
Tools : Stampin' Dimensionals SNAIL Adhesive; Blender Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment