Saturday 22 October 2011

Countdown to Christmas ~ Wk 10

A super simple, mass producible card for you this week, using a new stamp set called "Polar Party" and also the snowflake from "Every Little Bit" stamp set for the background. 



I thought I'd go for a different colour combination this week as I tend to stick to the traditional red/green combo.


Close up of the bear

I used "Rich Razzleberry" for the card blank and "Pretty in Pink" for the mat and also those colour classic ink pads, using the blender pen to apply the colour.  I also added a bit of glitter underneath him to ground him

Top Tip : Images need to be grounded, even if all you do is add the lightest wash of colour underneath it really makes a big difference

The trim around the image is the "Dotted Scallop Ribbon" punch




Inside the card

I also decorated the inside, stamping onto a piece of "Whisper White" cardstock.  I was able to stamp these quite quickly as I put the sentiment and the little penguin on the same large acrylic block, inked up with StazOn and stamped away, I stamped about 10 of these in around a minute!








Close up of the penguin



Obviously the colouring in takes a little while, but it's something I find very soothing, so I'm happy to do it whilst watching the telly of an evening so they don't seem to take any time at all.

Top Tip : when you have white as a colour on a card, such as the Polar Bear or the belly of the penguin, colour around the edges in blue, it makes the white stand out more.








Hope you like them, I had a lot of fun making them and these images are just adorable.

Back to Halloween projects tomorrow, until then, take care ...xxx


 

Project Ingredients

Stamp Sets : "Polar Party" & "Every Little Bit"
Card stock : "Rich Razzleberry", "Pretty in Pink" & "Whisper White"
Colour : "Rich Razzleberry", "Pretty in Pink" & ""Bashful Blue" classic ink pads
Tools : Dimensional adhesive; "SNAIL" adhesive; StazOn Ink; Blender pen; "Dotted Scallop Ribbon" punch.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Anna! I adore this card and love the colurs too! A great modern Christmas card :-)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete