Wednesday 19 October 2011

Countdown to Christmas ~ Wk's 8 & 9 - finally!

FINALLY!! - Let me explain, I've been trying to blog for nearly two weeks now and I just couldn't log in.  No idea why, I have upgraded my browser and a tweaked a few things on my laptop, so not sure if all the computerie housekeeping has been the cause and eventual solution, but at least I'm logged in now - phew!

So, realising that I'm a couple of weeks behind with my Christmas shares, so without further ado, let me share with you a couple of projects to get back on track.

First project is a little simple gift idea.



This is made from an envelope with a few fancy folds, run through the bigshot machine using a snowflake embossing folder that I have in my stash.  I wrapped a belly band round to add the sentiment to and to give a bit of focus, used a cello bag and a bit of ribbon to make it look all pretty.


This close up shows the detail of the embossing folder that I highlighted by rubbing a classic ink pad over and covering with "Dazzling Diamonds" glitter ~ well, you have to have a bit of glitter on Christmas things.


And inside, well, I added a couple of the Options "Indulgence" hot chocolate drinks, but they are only 60 calories each, so a bit naughty and nice - perfect!


My second share today is a really simply card using the same embossing folder from my stash.  This type of card is great as it is easy to replicate if you need to make loads.


Using the embossing folder, just run "Whisper White" through the big shot, wrap some "Old Olive" ribbon round, adhere to a  "Cherry Cobbler" card blank, add a sentiment using "Cherry Cobbler" ink, and your done.  I didn't add glitter to this one, but I sprayed it with some shimmer paint mixed with surgical spirit to give it a nice shimmery look.

Well, that's it from me today, hopefully I'll be able to post again tomorrow - fingers crossed!

Take very good care of yourselves... xx



Project Ingredients

Stamp Sets : "Contempo Christmas" & "Perfect Punches" Stamp Sets.
Card stock : "Whisper White", "Baja Breeze" & "Cherry Cobbler" cardstock
Accessories :"Old Olive" ribbon (RETIRED); "Baja Breeze" Seem binding ribbon; "Dazzling Diamonds" glitter

Colour : "Baja Breeze" & "Cherry Cobbler" Classic Ink pads
Tools : Glue dots & SNAIL adhesive; Big Shot machine.

Envelope and embossing folder - from stash

No comments:

Post a Comment