Tuesday 10 January 2012

Birthday card for my cousin

Hello,

Today I would like to share a card I made for my cousin Gillian for her birthday today. 

Gillian's birthday card.
I've seen quite a lot of this style and layout made a home decor items but I wanted to give it a try as a birthday card.

I used the main flourish image from the "Baroque Motifs" stamp set and stamped it using the Versamark ink pad to give a gentle watermark image to the background.  Then used the "Beautiful Wings" embosslits die for the big shot to make all the butterflies you see here.  To give it a bit more sparkle I added jewels in the centre of all the butterflies and also I sprayed it with Champagne shimmer mist mixed with surgical spirit.

Inside detail
I decorated the inside, but for my message, I cut out a piece of  "Naturals Ivory" card stock, used the "Baroque Motifs" image again, added a further sentiment form the "Petite Pairs" stamp set to the left of the card.  I then adhered this using removable adhesive so that when Gillian's birthday is over, she can remove my message and re-use the card if she wants.

I was please how it came out, just hope she likes it.

Take care ... xx
 
Project Ingredients

Stamp Sets : "Baroque Motifs"; "Happiest Birthday Wishes" &; "Petite Pairs"
Card stock : "Whisper White"; "Naturals Ivory"; "Tempting Turquoise" & "Night of Navy"
Accessories :Shimmer Mist in "Champagne"; Rhinestone jewels.
Colour : Black StazOn Ink; Versamark ink & "Night of Navy" marker pen
Tools : "SNAIL" adhesive; Dimensional Adhesive; Corner rounder punch;  Big Shot machine & "Beautiful Wings" embosslits die,

No comments:

Post a Comment