Sunday 15 January 2012

Handy "Punches" tool

Hello,

As I'm sure you are aware, the Stampin' Up! catalogue shows the stamped images at full size, unless otherwise stated, which is really handy if you want to see if one of your punches can be used with it.

I thought I would show you a useful tool that I've made to help me see what punches may be appropriate.

It's basically either a 2.5" x 3" for the small punches or  3" x 4" piece of cardstock for the rest that I punch the shape into, write on the back the name of the punch for reference and cover with clear sticky backed plastic.  You could also use a laminator if you have one.  All the various cards are held together with a book ring,


I can then place the shape over the image in the catalogue to see what it would look like when punched out. 

These can be used on both those images that have been designed to use with a specific punch ...




 ... and on those images that haven't, if I want to see how a punch could work.








Hope you find this helpful, oh, and if where wondering, the images above are both from the gorgeous "You Are Loved" stamp set that's in the Spring mini catalogue right now.

Take care and have a wonderful day .... xx

No comments:

Post a Comment