Tuesday 31 January 2012

Valentine's day ideas - No.1

Over the next few days I'm going to share with you a few Valentine's day ideas, hope you like them and pick up something that may be useful to you in your Valentine's day crafting.

Today's share are a couple of 1-layer cards, made in the same way and using the same stamp set, "You are Loved" which is in the Spring Mini right now and is absolutely gorgeous.

The first card uses the large flourish from the set. On both cards I used a piece of printer paper to mask off the central section then used the "Parlor Prints" background stamp to stamp the image on the top and bottom edges.  I inked up the image using "Chocolate Chip" classic ink, used a blender pen to remove the ink from the word 'Valentine's' then coloured it in with the "Real Red" marker pen and then did the faux stitching with the "Chocolate Chip" marker pen.



This second card uses the large heart.  I followed the same process as the above card only this time I inked up the main image using the "Mahogany" ink spot from the distressing essentials kit.





Hmm ... I can't make up my mind which one I prefer, what do you think?


x

Project Ingredients

Stamp Sets : "You Are Loved" & "Parlor Prints"
Card stock : "Crumb Cake"
Colour : "Chocolate Chip" Classic Ink pads; "Real Red" & "Chocolate Chip" Marker pens & "Mahogany" Distressing ink spot.
Tools : Blender Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment