Friday 31 August 2012

Special 80th birthday card

A couple of weeks ago it was my Uncle Bob's 80th birthday, generally I don't send too many cards to the men in my family but as it was such a special birthday obviously I had to send him a little something to mark such a great landmark birthday.


I made an easel card and used the fabulous "Twitterpated" designer series paper, (DSP), this has to be one of the best value DSP's as it has great designs for men, as you can see from this card, but it also has great feminine designs too so you get a lot more choices when using it and therefore defiantly one to buy if you are on a limit budget.


I used "Perfect Pennants" die circular section of the rosette and the "Timeless Type" dies to cut out the numbers. You can't really see it from this photo, but I added Crystal Effects to the numbers to make them all shiny.


I made the layered stars with a star punch I had in my stash, I cut all four stars with it and then trimmed down the Lucky Limeade ones so they would sit nicely over the Basic Grey ones to give a bit of added dimension and interest.

The great thing about easel cards is they sit up proud when you display them, but, depending on how much you put on them, they fold relatively flat for posting.

I hope he liked it, until next time .... xx




Project IngredientsStamp Sets : "Happiest Birthday Wishes"
Card stock : "Cherry Cobbler", "Basic Grey" & "Lucky Limeade"
Accessories :  "Twitterpatted" DSP & Crystal Effects
Colour:  "Basic Grey" classic ink pad
Tools : Tape runner adhesive; Dimensional adhesive;  Tombow Mono glue; Big Shot machine; "Timeless Type" alphabet die & "Perfect Pennant" die

1 comment:

  1. Love this card Anna, Rosettes are so popular right now too plus I *heart* how you layered the star punch up too, great ideas :-)
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete