Wednesday 19 September 2012

Happy Birthday Sue

Yesterday was my cousin Sue's birthday, I don't know which one, (I never ask), but obviously I had to make a card.


I wanted to use the "Butterfly Prints" stamp set and coordinating punch as both are on the retirement list and I love this stamp set, it was one of the first I ever bought from Stampin' Up.

I chose "Wisteria Wonder" and "Perfect Plum" as my colour palette as her favourite colour is lilac.  I actually started by running the wheel from my stash across the card stock layer and embossed the unstamped corners using my "Simply Scored Scoring Tool"  and then left the piece on my craft desk for a couple of days whilst I worked out what I wanted to do before being inspired to use the gorgeous label stamp from the "Everything Eleanor" stamp set to act as a 'resting post' for the butterfly.


I also decorated the inside, but I "stamped off" the colour on the wheel before running it across the "Whisper White" card stock to give it a more subtle effect.


I used lots and lots of glitter around the edge of the butterfly and added basic rhinestones to make it all sparkly and girlie, after all, you've got to have a bit of sparkle on your birthday!


Now that should have been it but I enjoyed making it so much that I found myself making 5 more in different colours!  Do you never do that?


Oh well, at least I've got a small stash of pretty cards all good to go.

Until next time .... xx

1 comment:

  1. What another great collection of cards, they would make a lovely gift set :-)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete