Saturday 10 November 2012

SATURDAY INSPIRATION - Gift Tags everywhere!

When I've been visiting crafting blogs lately everyone seems to be making Christmas gift tags and to be honest, I don't usually use gift tags, don't know why but this year I am defiantly going to make some as they are so cute.
I think I was put off gift tags as the one's my mum used when I was little always looked a bit like an after thought.  Now, no disrespect to my parents, but they just wrapped things so they were wrapped, they didn't get how special and exciting a gift looks when it's wrapped beautifully, for them it was more of if it was wrapped and looked vaguely Christmas-like it was good enough.

but I have defiantly discovered the joy of a beautifully wrapped gift and what could be a more perfect start to a beautiful gift than a hand-made, personal tag.

My first tag is a big one, perfect for a larger gift.


It's a 'tucked' gift card, sorry I can't think of a better description but hopefully the picture explains it.  I used a piece of 8" x 8" "Whisper White" card stock that I scored at 2" on each side and cut off the corners to create the basic shape and just folded in one side after another and tucked the last side under the first.


For the sentiment on the outside is from the "Tags til Christmas stamp set and it opens to reveal a sentiment form the "Delightful Dozen" stamp set - wish I love, so many useful sentiments in that set.



On the outside I used images from the "Scentsational Season" stamp set


I also added a bit of 'shiny' to each image.  I used "Dazzling Details on the candy cane, "Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details" on the gingerbread man's shiny buttons.  I also cut out the gingerbread man using the "Holiday Collection" framelit dies just to give it a bit of additional dimension.


and for the mug I added a rhinestone jewel.


I'll be sharing more gift tags in the run up to Christmas, enjoy!  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment