Saturday 9 February 2013

Blackboard Technique card

Another little Valentine's share for you today highlighting the "Blackboard" technique.  Basically, this technique makes your card look like a blackboard, with all the residue chalk from all the cleaning - was it just me or was being asked to clean the blackboard at school seem like a reward??



I stamped the main Valentine's image and the swirls in versamark ink and heat embossed using white embossing powder. The good thing with this technique is that you don't have to worry about stray embossing powder sticking to your project, in fact it all adds to the effect. 
I drew the outer lines using a white pencil that I got from my local art shop.



I did this by wiping a sponge with just a touch of "Whisper White" craft ink over the whole of the black layer using the same motion that I would use to clean a blackboard. You can see the 'smeared' chalk dust type effect better on this angle that gives it that 'Blackboard' feel.

I also made the card using "Real Red" cardstock, just to see what the difference would be.


I actually quite like it.

but it's not so easy to see the 'smeared. chalk effect but it's easier to see IRL.

Hope you like it, let me know if you would like me to demo' this technique to you and a group of friends at a Stampin' Up workshop or if you would like to purchase any of the products use, please get in touch.

Until next time.... xx




Project Ingredients
Stamp Sets : "You Are Loved" & "Creative Elements"
Card stock : "Basic Black", "Real Read" & "Not Quite Navy"
Accessories : White pencil - NOT Stampin' Up
Tools : Tape runner adhesive; Versamark Ink; White Embossing Powder

No comments:

Post a Comment