Saturday 21 April 2012

Rule UK!

As many of you will know, today is the Queen's birthday, so I thought I would make a patriotic card.


As you can see, it's a one-layer card made by using lots and lots of masking and is very much a tone-on-tone style of card.

I hand drew the flag and cut out the sections in such a way as to make the basic pattern of the Union flag. I used a couple of different wheels to do the crosses and versamark ink to produce the solid colour on the cross.  I used the small circles in the "Confetti" stamp set in the triangular sections.

I was really pleased with how it came out, not sure on what occasion I would send it to someone so I might just keep it for myself and pop it on the wall!

Oh, and I should say, the "Love Blossoms" wheel is in the current Spring Mini catalogue which ends at the end of this month, so you only have just over a week to get your hands on this gorgeous little wheel.

Have a great day ... xx

 
Project Ingredients

Stamp Sets : "Confetti"; "Love Blossoms" wheel; "Decor" wheel
Card stock : "Crumb Cake" 
Colour:  "Crumb Cake"; "Soft Suede" & Versamark ink
Tools : Standard wheel handle; Wheel Guide

1 comment:

  1. Cute idea, love your monochrome take on the union flag.
    See you on Saturday!!! Still got sooooo much to do......
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete