Tuesday 5 June 2012

Father's Day Projects ~ Day 3

Yay ~ Another bank holiday, I could get used to having extra long weekends every year :o)

My share for you today is another Father's Day project, this time a card.

It's a Bow Tie card

I actually drew and cut out the template for the bow on cardstock then traced around it onto the Patterned DSP.  If you are not confident in your template drawing or cutting out, then you could use the "Petite Pennants Builder" punch to cut out each side of the bow.

I love using the Patterned DSP packs as they are such great value and I think all the patterns are perfect for 'manly' projects. I used the "Not Quite Navy" and "Night of Navy" from the 'Regals Collection' and "Pacific Point" from the 'Brights Collection'


I thought layering the 'bows' straight onto the "Very Vanilla" cardstock layer looked a little bland so after I stamped the sentiment I ran the layer through the 'Big Shot' using the "Square Lattice" embossing folder to give it some interest, then added the bow ties. Top Tip ~ When adhering your embossed layer, use liquid glue rather than a tape runner as the act of running the tape on the cardstock can flatten your embossed image.

The sentiment stamp comes from the "Delightful Dozen" set and, in my opinion, if you are just starting out stamping and want to know a good all-rounder to get you going, then this set is it!

I'll be back tomorrow with something a little more feminine, enjoy your day!   ... xx

 
Project Ingredients

Stamp Sets : "Delightful Dozen"
Card stock : "Pacific Point" & "Very Vanilla"
Accessories : Patterned  DSP in "Regals" & "Brights";
Colour:  StazOn Ink
Tools : Tombow Mono Liquid Adhesive; Dimensional adhesive; Big Shot machine & "Square Lattice" embossing Folder

No comments:

Post a Comment